Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Week 2!!!

Hello mi Familia! Yes I know I am not learning Spanish but it is still very much fun to speak it. Wow I have been out 2 weeks already! how crazy is that! Again, theses keyboards are not good at all! They stink! I want to start off with thanking everyone who writes me. It is the best in the world to open that mailbox and see Elder Michael Rudd. I love it. When I don't' get a letter it is like darn!!! But its good stuff. I love letters so don't stop sending them. I don't know if you have gotten one of my letters yet. But! On March 15th 2010 Elder Michael Corey Rudd lands in South Dakota, Rapid City!!!! I leave the MTC at 6 am! It is so surreal! I finally get to go to work! I am so excited to get out there and serve the Lord with all I have! The church is true!!! So true! I want you all to know that I know with all my heart that the church is true!!! I had two amazing experiences in the Referral Center Yesterday and on Friday! On Friday I called a prior investigator and asked him if he had received his Book of Mormon he had ordered through the church and I got to teach him the first discussion!! He was so overwhelmed and wanted to hear more about the church. I was so sad that I couldn't be there to teach him in person!! I so wanted to! But anyways, as I taught him he t0ld me he hadn't received his Book of Mormon!! I told him well let me re-send that to you. He said okay. Then the next thing I know is I am checking where he lives and his address and guess where he is living. NORTH DAKOTA!!!!! Guess What!! As soon as I get off the plane I am having the Mission President call the Elders in that area and getting him a book of Mormon!!! Who Knows!! That could be my first area!!! How cool would that be!!! It was such an awesome experience. So, I told him tell you what I can personally tell you that your book of Mormon will be there with 2 representatives for the Church and I am actually one of them going to be serving in your area. He was so excited!! I sure hope I get to serve in his area!!! I can't wait to get out and serve!!! The Church is true! I want everyone to know it! I want to shout it from the rooftops and tell everyone of the message I have for them!!! I love the Lord! I am so overjoyed and so happy!! There is no greater place that I would rather be!!! The other story is about a 17 year old girl named JoyAnn from Cleavland, Ohio. How I got to talk to her was through mormon.org. If you go to there you can talk to someone from the Church and they will help you with problems you have!! So, I got to talk to her. She doesn't believe that her Heavenly Father loves her and she doesn't believe that she can be forgiven of her sins. I talked to her for an hour and a half!!! The conversation went on and on and the Spirit was so strong just like over instant messaging! That's so crazy!!! I was so excited I couldn't wait for her to respond after I would show her of her Heavenly Father's love and of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how she can be forgiven of her sins. She would type and say I don't know why I am crying. You Mormons are awesome. The conversation ended with two missionaries being sent to her house with a book of Mormon for her!! I am so sad I can't hear about her progress! I love this work!!! Another story!!! On Monday me and Elder Dahl were teaching an investigator in the TRC (teaching resource center) Most of them are members but the one we had was actually an investigator! How cool is that!! He is a Catholic and would ask us about this doctrine and this doctrine. But me and Elder Dahl would throw this at him and show him the truth!! He would say dang!! You Mormons have all the answers!! You two 19 year old boys have the power of God and you have convince me it is true. I hope something happens with him!!! I love this work!! I am so excited to be here as a personal representative of Jesus Christ!!! Also as a ANNOYER OF THE ADVERSARY!!! I love it! I want to annoy the adversary for the rest of my life. I love you guys so much! Thank you for all you do for me! I miss you. But my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ and give them the same happiness that I have. Thank you sooooo much! I love you sooooo much!
Love,
Elder Michael Corey Rudd
P.S. The next letter will be from SOUTH DAKOTA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment