Monday, May 10, 2010

Awesome Mother's Day

Mi Familia,
What a mothers day! Got to see my family! I love skype. its pretty cool. Not even kidding. Its got some cool things about it. It is weird being behind the technical curve. :) But oh well. I hope that you enjoyed your mothers day Momma. I love you so much. I am grateful everyday for the family that I have and their love for me. I know i am truly loved. I am so blessed to be a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Whats a blessing that is! What love I have for my father in heaven for blessing me with the opportunity to be a member of the church. But to know that I am out here in Sioux Falls, South Dakota to bless and to work and to serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength.

Today, is p-day. We email from the wegner library. Its part of Sanford Hospital and is Part of South Dakota University. The Pipestone, Minnesotta Elders spent the night last night and we are going to celebrate Elder Oborn's year mark today. We dont know where or how, but boy will we celebrate of course the celebration has to include the burning of the HUMP mark shirt. I know that my time is just blowing by. Before I know it I will be there. Mom, im glad you liked your card. hopefully you dont burn the battery out too soon. :) How is the ward doing? Any news there? New calls? Releases? I hate to say it but nothing can compare to the Grandview 1st ward. I have alot of pride in the wards I serve in. BUT! Nothing can compare to our ward at home. Sheridan 1st ward is awesome too. Sioux Falls 1st awesome also. But then comes Grandview 1st. I tell ya. Wow. :)

Rachel Biederman, 18- year old from Maple Grove, Minn. She attends Augustana University here in Sioux Falls. Knows the church is true but cant convince her parents to let her get baptized. But she told us that basically no matter she is getting baptized. She will probably get baptized this summer in Minn. But no matter where she gets baptized she is an awesome, young woman and we are so excited for her. Her family is United Methodist. Very strong and devout. During High School she dated an LDS young man and he is leaving on his mission soon. She wants him to baptize her. So hopefully that works out for her. She has been accepted to BYU as well and her parents dont want her to go there either. But she plans on doing what she knows to be right. We are very proud of her. Elder Dalton's family is sending a nice triple and a nice bible so that we can write our testimonies in it for her and give it to her before she leaves back to Minn.

Debbie- we met debbie tracting and we were knocking doors and she had passed us while we were talking to people in the apartment complex. But we asked her "before we knock on your door, can we talk to you?" So we did and she was a little bit drunk but was cogniscent (sp?) but we went outside after about 15 minutes inside. We got to know her and she said she didnt feel important. She didnt think that heavenly father knew her or cared about her. At one point, she took off her glasses and said, what do you see in my eyes? Me and Elder Dalton both said "A Daughter of God" she started to cry and gave us big hugs. At the end of the lesson we said a prayer with her and she said the prayer she said: "Thank you for sending these two fine holy men to come see me, i know not by chance they were from you. Because i was on my way into my apartment about 2 minutes away from killing myself. But you sent them and now I know that you care and you are listening to my prayers." Debbie is an awesome woman she is in her late 50's and really wants and needs help. We have taught her about 3 times now. She is moving to washington to be closer with her brother but what an awesome woman.

Jon & Heather- They are an awesome family. We met them tracting also. Heather said we could come back and we came back and she said well this isnt a good time but we wiggled ourselves and were able to get inside and share a lesson with them. Jon does native american art work on blinds, paper, rocks, feathers, drums. Whatever it be. He is awesome. He was involved with alot of Native American gangs in Rapid City. But he quit them and also has been sober for 9 months. He sees what he needs to do in his life. They have two little boys. Very cute. They care so much about each other and there family. We are going to teach them how important families are to us. Again im going to ball again how important my family is to me. Dangit!

Jessica Kenegy- She is a recent convert of about 7 months. She is awesome. She is about 25. She works very hard. Has too little kids. Dante who is 5 and Sierra who is 2. Dante has a pet iguana. When we came over he wanted to hold "iggy" so much so he did. But! "iggy" got scared and pee'd all over Dante. Dante just chucked him. It was funny. He was very angry. Jessica has had a rough couple months. Her boyfriend is very abusive and it is very hard for her to just leave him. But she has gotten better the last couple weeks. Jessica is such an awesome woman. She is our Missionary Meal Cordinator. Cool Huh? She isnt doing a very good job dangit! :) But we will continue to work with her and strengthen her faith.

~Soap Box Time!~
Lets all think of the song for a second: "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I know who i am, I know gods plan, I will follow him in faith." What a blessing that first line is. You belong to something so powerful, that it is changing to world every second of the day. You know what you know, why not share it. You have the happiness, let others have that. Let us be missionaries always!!! Yes, i am called and set apart as a full time missionary of the church. But! That doesnt mean those who arent cant be missionaries. Elder Bednar said: "Missionary Work isn't temporary its forever!" Stand together, stand resolute in your belief. Stand side by side. We are admist a battle every day of our life. Satan does not quit! HE WILL NOT QUIT! He wants us to sink down to his level. He wants us to be sad and miserable just as he is. He doesnt have a body he doesnt need rest. He is always working on our thoughts, our actions and everything we do. We are as the ARMY OF HELAMEN! We are called of god to be here in this latter day to fend off satan and create the Kingdom of God. Let us not fall. Let us not stumble. Let us stay on the straight and narrow path and hold to the Iron Rod, it is the word of god. Put on the whole Armor of God!!!. We can do this and we will do this. We know Satan can not win. He will not!!! He is trying to get every soul into his corner!! He is robbing them of the Celestial glory and giving them utter misery and eternal damnation. This work is too important! This church is too strong. This is the work of our saviour Jesus Christ. He is always with us. Hebrews 13:5 "I will never leave thee nor forsake me." I know for a fact that we are here on this earth at this time to create his kingdom. What a blessing it is to know that Jesus Christ Lives!! He lives!!! But most of all, he will come again to rule and reign. What a wonderful blessing that is. By pledge and promise to each and everyone who reads this letter is from President Hinckley: Be a little bit better today than you were yesterday." Work! Read! Pray! "Satan cannot be in the presence of righteousness. Everytime a righteous saint kneels to pray, satan trembles! Annoy the crap out of the advesary!!! Give him the utter misery and damnation he has put upon himself. Its a battle! He is real and he hates us! As a personal representative of Jesus Christ, I can promise you that you have the power to overcome anything. 1 cor 10:13 "he will not tempt you, more than you are able to bare." He will not give you more than you can handle. It might seem like that at times but! you have the promise from heavenly father that you can do anything you can handle all that comes in your way." I challenge you if you do not believe my words, to prove him. If you believe you are dealing with too much on your plate or with any promise heavenly father has in store for you. if you dont think that you are in store for that blessing or cant receive it. Prove him.

I know that this is the work of my lord and redeemer Jesus Christ! I know that he lives!! He lives! He is always with us. All we need to do is turn to him. When things get too hard in our life. Jesus Christ has been there before. He has suffered for our pains, our sorrows, our sadness, our weaknesses and all others. HE KNOWS! When people ask you whats wrong? You say "Oh you dont understand or you wont understand" I can tell you who does! Jesus Christ has walked in our shoes he knows what we go through each and every day of our lives. Turn to him. Have faith in him. Only through faith in Jesus Christ can we know these things for ourselves. Elder Anderson of the Quorm of The Twelve "Two people can do anything, as long as one of them is Jesus Christ! " You have help you arent alone!!. You dont have to go through life alone! Jesus Christ promises "He will never leave us nor forsake us!" He has us engraven upon his hands, his feet and he wrists. he knows who we are individually.

I know that my redeemer lives! I know that he is my savior and brother. I know he loves for me and suffered for my sins and sorrows. I know through my faith in him. I can do anything. I know that my Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers. A song I sing in my head (thanks for the tip dad) "He lives, Oh He Lives and he's listening, He Lives, Yes! He Lives And He's wiping away my tears." I made that up and i love singing songs in my head. I love being a missionary. I know this is the true church on this earth. I have a testimony of satan and that he lives as well. He lives and he is waiting for his chance to get at him but we can not let him. I know that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet of god to restore The true church of Jesus Christ here on the earth today. I know that he kneeled and prayed in the sacred grove and that he was visited by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of god. I know it is another testament of Jesus Christ. If you dont believe me? Prove Joseph Smith? Read it and ask for yourself with sincere and willing testimony if this book is true, I can promise you that it is and you can know. We are given this knowledge to help others. To give them happiness we have each day of our live. JUST DO IT - (President David O. Mckay) "the journey of a thousand miles starts with one step"

~End Of Soap Box~

I know i get going and cant control myself. But yeah. I love you all so much i am so grateful for my great family and their love, prayers and sweet testimonies to me. Mom i love you so much. Your example of love and kindness helps me grow each and everyday. Knowing what I know from you has given me such knowledge and protection. Dad, i love you so much. I look at so many young men who dont have a dad and I cry. Because i look at my hero my coach, my partner in crime, my dad and i know that I have been blessed to learn and be strengthened because of you. Whitney & Kirk & Cayden & Riley Thank you for your love and support and testimony. I Love you all so much! Chelsey & Mark, thank you for your letters of love and support and encouragement. I love you so much! Ryan & Shannon & Raegan, Thank you Ryan for being the best big brother. I look to your example alot. Thank you for your example of serving a mission and showing me it is the best thing to do. I truly know that. Thank you three and all the letters and support that you show me. I love you all!

Know that I am doing great. The lord is with me everyday and I know all of you are as well. I appreciate all the prayers for all missionaries all over the world. We are part of this latter day army. Putting on the whole armor of god. We will do and Will work everyday to protect the lord's kingdom.

I love you so much!!!
Mom again Happy Mothers Day, I love you!
I think i knew your question, Yes the cookies you sent me in sheridan held up. they were a little crumbly but still yummy. Everyone died over them. Thank you!

I love you!

Love,
Elder Michael Corey Rudd
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
South Dakota Rapid City Mission

Elder Michael Corey Rudd
3008 Louise Apt. 304
Sioux Falls, SD 51706

No comments:

Post a Comment