Monday, December 13, 2010

Martin's Cove

Elder Rudd here from the warmest day in wright so far i think it is only supposed to get to about 35 degrees today. So, I am wearing a t shirt and shorts. I love it.Good Ole Wyoming. What a fantastic week. Lots of work happening lots of fun and lots of memories. I want to send so many pictures but I cant because I dont have a way too. The internet is soooooo slow here that it takes hours to send one picture. Because we have been banned from going to gillette on pdays. President does not want us to have district meetings on pdays because the meaning of the day is pday not district meeting. It makes it really hard because we wont have time to do much. So, he told us that we can do district meetings on tuesdays now. Newcastle has now got a car this week. So, its all good. But I will try to get to a computer while I am in gillette for district meetings and send pictures. Because there is no way here in wright.

Martins Cove- I have lots and lots of pictures for you of martins cove. I wish I would of been able to go growing up. It is amazing. One of the most wonderful places I have ever been. The spirit is so strong there. We woke and headed to gillette picked up so elders and headed down right back down through wright and to casper. Elder Hammond got a taste of why I dont like driving any more. Our total trip was a trip to california and back!!! It was so long. As DL I was given 1100 miles for the month. I dont know how they expect me to do that with all that going on. We are already at 1003. So, Oh well. They wanted wright to drive. So we drove. I love just sitting in the passangers seat and get to think about everything that is going on. It is very very relaxing.

We had all three zones there. Gillette, Casper and Rapid City. Monday night we pulled into the stake center in capser at about 4:30. Relaxed for a while then ate some dinner. I got to see long lost elders. Elder Dahl got transferred to Rapid 2nd. So, me an dahl and woods reunited. I love it. Good times. We had a white elephant gift exchange. Elder Hammond and I did minature King James Version New Testaments in white. So we could really tell everyone that we had a WHITE BIBLE. Its awesome. But elder hammond got a little girls cap and gloves. I got a signed picture of one of the AP's, Elder Beatty ( My brother ) We had to keep it in the family, no question. So I have that sitting on my desk. It was alot of fun. They started talking about vehicle safety and of course everyone looked at me. Suprise, Suprise.

Tuesday Morning- Got up headed to Martins Cove about 50 Miles from Casper. We were the first ones there. It was awesome. We toured some of the museums first. We had about 80 people from our mission. We got taken about 2 miles from the cove in little rhynos and then filed up single file and walked two miles into the cove. It was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. It was amazing. I loved it so much. We were walking and You just got hit like a ton of bricks by the spirit. it was a wonderful experience. One I will cherish for the rest of my life.

After the cove me, elder hammond, elder cooper and elder boehme hopped in and took off to newcastle. I was to stay with elder boehme and do my exchange with them. I have had some problems with them because they have taken it upon themselves not to go to dinner appointments and not work with the members. I was not a happy camper when I heard about that. I reported it to the zone leaders to let them know and I handled it. Lets just say they are going to dinner appointments. I am so baffled why they wouldnt want too. Holy Moly. That is my favorite part of the day. I love being in wright because. As of right now we have dinner appointments all the way til January 5th. I cant believe why someone wouldnt want to go to a dinner appointment. The AP's, My ZL's. No one has ever heard of missionaries not wanting to go to any dinner appointments at all. We have all heard of elders not wanting to go to certain appointments. But whatever. its just absolutely stupid to me! But it is taken care of.

I am starting to get really nervous. Because the transfer is just about over. I might only have about 15 more days in wright. From what I hear from my ZL's, AP's and President is that I wont be staying. I mean I will go where he wants me to go. But I will be in tears if I leave. I am going to be so sad. I could honestly stay in this town of 1300 people for the rest of my mission and be perfectly fine with it. I would love it so much. I have told president layton to keep me here for my whole mission. I would love it. So many great people Whom I love with all my heart.

Ward Christmas Party- Oh by golly have a holly jolly christmas. It was so much fun. We had so many less active and investigators there. it was so cool!!! We had Jason and Angie Jensen There. We had the Ohara's There. we had tons. We had the Sutherlands there! It was awesome! I was so happy. Then Santa Claus came out. Brother Goodman and guess who he called to be the first to sit on his lap. Elder Rudd of course. So it was alot of fun. I love everyone in this ward and am so grateful for all of them.

This coming sunday is the Christmas Interfatith Concert. We have people from our ward in it. From the Episcopal Church, The baptist church, the catholic church and guess who is the MC, Hello! Elder Rudd here. I love to get to use my talents in the field. Such a blast. That will be a whole lot of fun. I cant wait. I think me and elder hammond are in a quartet to sing too. I tried to tell them I cant sing, but oh well. Doesnt work. So I said I would love to lend my voice It wont be a good voice but it will be a voice. So I think we are in a quartet with bishop and Brother Guseman. Yikes.

Cody Charon- We just taught her the plan of salvation friday, It was so awesome. One of the best plan of salvation lessons I have ever had. She said it was the perfect plan. She said I have never heard of such a beautiful thing in my life. So score! I love it. It should work out really well. She said that she wont be able to meet with us until after the holidays, even though she doesnt do anything. So, I told her I might be gone. So we have an appointment this friday again. Muahahaha I work my magic again. She is having a hard time finding a job. Being a fellon and all for drug possession and dealing. So the lord will continue to bless her life as she does follow the commandments. She and her step mom deb charon have a smoking problem and I think I found a way for them to quit! It might sound really really gross but I dont care they are quiting by themselves and if they really want to quit I think this will work. Maybe uncle brad, kyle, patty whoever can try this. It sounds gross but I have heard that It never fails. You boil about three cigarettes and then you drink. However nasty the thing taste you drink it. Then whenever you try to smoke a cigarette you throw up because of what is actually i there and the taste of that cigarette. It works!!!

I got all the christmas present. Thank you very much. Meant alot to me. Elder Hammond is way jealous. I am not sure if I am going to open one every day though. Me and elder hammond want to open them up all on christmas. but you guys decide if you want me to do the 12 days I will. But I will do them in order.

I cant believe my brother is a Doctor. Thats just scary Dr. Rudd. Hopefully his patients dont know any rudds. Congratulations Ryan. Wish I could of seen you graduate. I am very proud of you and all the hard work you put in. I am still never going to meet Frank your cadaver.

Mom, I am being obedient. You dont have to worry about it. Its okay. Me and Elder Hammond cant get in trouble in little wright, wy even if we wanted too.

Brother Dalton in the ward is making tshirts that say MORMONS ARE CHRISTIANS! We get some I am so excited. I want to tract with that on. It would be so awesome. But he is getting them made!! He also wants to start a restatraunt here in wright. Called Cowabunga Burger. They are from Cali. The icon would be a cow surfing. But I am excited. He wants to put a drive through in and everything. This is in the plans for real. He will clean up here! If someone puts a fast food restaraunt in. Oh my. He will make bank. So many miners want a quick snack. He is a smart man. He wants me to invest when I get done. Ha Ha.

I am getting towards the end here. Hey! I have bee trying to remember this for weeks can you send me my electric shaver in the family room bathroom. I would like that sometimes. Please.

The church is true, What else matters. Ask yourself that now and again. When you get to doubt your faith remember the testimony you have. Its true. DONT LET ANYTHING GET IN THE WAY OF THAT! Satan will always be after us of course. Why would he want us to be happy. Please I beg of you DONT GIVE IN!

I love you all. I am so happy to be here and to be serving my lord and savior jesus christ. I love you very much.

Love,
Elder Michael Corey Rudd
District Leader, Wright District
Gillette Zone
Rapid City South Dakota Mission

Please Keep me Updated:
P.O. Box 701
Wright, Wy 82732

No comments:

Post a Comment