Monday, December 19, 2011

Email 12.19.11

Holy Buckets!
Craziest week ever. Just so you know. Holy Canoly. we probably drove atleast 3000 miles this week. It was sooooooooo long. But wow. Such a good experience it really brought in the great spirit to us and we just love it.
The Bismarck Temple is gorgeous by the way. WOW. I loved that experience being with my bretheren in the temple. I really feel like the lord could of done anything in that temple. So great. But holy buckets I was looking at the elders sitting next to me and they were new I was like is that new? I dont remember that. It has been so long. But it was sucha great experience. We had 85 Missionaries in the temple. We split up into two groups. One group did a endowment session at 5 then the other group did baptisms and then we flip flopped. I ended up doing baptizing for a while and got changed and was in charge of the confirmations for about an hour. I figure we did close to 1000 baptisms/ confirmations. It was awesome. Man, I loved it!!!
Martins Cove was great as well. We watched 17 Miracles the night before we went and it made the whole event just mean so much more to me. I loved it soooooo much. I cant wait to take you to Martins Cove on the way to the Mission. Its great.
GREATEST STORY!!
So Siobahn we have been teaching her and really starting to work with her alot and we have invited her to church and everything she came once and all was good but she invited us to her Bible Study tonight at Calvary Chapel. Basically a big ole fatty church that is a non dom. So we totally went. We had a great study everyone was really really nice. Pastor Greg is the pastor and was very welcoming and we were even able to share some out of the book of mormon about the birth of christ and every one really enjoyed it. So we get all done with the study and we are talking to a couple people and siobahn is all by herself doing something and one of the members comes up to her and says: "You may not ever bring them back here. They are a cult and dont believe in Jesus. They are sons of the devil and do not belong here." She went crazy on this dude "You do not ever speak about them like that they are the nicest men I have ever met they are so wonderful. They are the epitemy of Christians and they truly represent Jesus Christ. (Side story. The ward council got together and had enough money to really really help someone out this christmas and the ward decided that it would be siobahn so the ward bought siobahn about 500 dollars in groceries and we packaged them up and put them on her door step) She continued to freak out on this dude "They brought me 500 dollars in groceries today!!! They wear Jesus Christ on their Tag. They are true Christians. She yelled at this dude and was like I dont even want to come back here." So we missed the whole thing while we were talking to the pastor and showing him a couple of things on LDS.org and we went out to look for her to say Bye and she was outside just crying. She said sorry to us like 50 times. We were like woahhh what happened. She told us the whole story and were like dont even worry about it we are so used to that. But she was furious. So all in all our devious plan worked :) I felt really bad about her crying but we knew that it would happen. Its happened to me every single time I have gone to another church. But if they invite us we totally go :)
But wow. Life just keeps rolling on and on. The work just keeps going faster and faster. I love this church and I know that it is true.
So, I am thinking about Skype. We plan on skyping at a investigators house the Beaumonts. Our church is at 11, and its the same time here as it is there so lets plan one o'clock. That should work out. If not, I will let you know but lets plan on one. Cant wait to talk to you all.
I love you!
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment