Monday, December 5, 2011

Email 12.5.11

Mi Familia,
Today is going to be a hectic day so I wanted to get emails out of the way. Today is transfers and we have 14 new missionaries coming out. We have 12 elders and 2 sisters! Its going to be super hectic. We are super excited but it is all on us as Assistants to go and pick them up and go from their. So yeah :) But today we start the transfers! The Rapid City Zone Leaders drive the first loop to Wyoming and then they get back tonight late and then me and Elder Pape pick up tomorrow morning at Six Am and take off to Sioux Falls then Fargo then Bismarck then Sleep and then wake up at 6 AM and on to Spearfish, SD and then onto Gillette and then down to Casper and then we are done! Back to Rapid City! :) :) It is very long!! :(
Good ole story to tell you about a man in the ward, Bill Davies, used to own the Suns and was a very prominent man and this past week he passed away. He was the only member of his family and they had his funeral all set up at the church and everything and then the church got a call from his family and they had cremated him and held a party at the Flying J Gas Station. :) I love this Mission. :)
This week has been awesome. I got to go to Gillette and Baptize Kim Crowder and her three girls. It was awesome!! Then we picked up and traveled back to Rapid and had a baptism of Denise Rafnson it was so sweet. Then after that a family took us to a Concert at the Civic Center it was a choir and orchrestra and their rendition of Handels Messiah. It was good but was not great. It was not super loud. :( It wasnt a Forgotten Carols :( But super good.
The mission had 11 baptisms. Super Awesome! I love seeing so much success in the lords vineyard. So far we have 18 on date for this week in the mission and 20 for the next week. We hope to meet 180 baptisms for the mission since july :)
Cool story- Kassi Blue, she is 20 she is on date for the 17th of December had not told her family yet and was kinda scared to. But finally got the courage to tell her parents and they did not like it they were not happy they want her to postpone her baptism and think about it and learn more and dont rush. Kassi really really wants to get baptized though. She wants to so bad. But she respects their wishes and we are working on them, BUT! that same day she talked to them afterwards, I get a text on my phone from Mormon.org Referrals and its HER MOM!!!! She totally referred herself and requested a copy of the book of mormon, but she said do not contact me I want to learn for myself. But me and elder pape being the stubborn Elders we are we were not just going to go drop off a book of mormon and call it good. We put together basically a huge packet for her. We gathered about 12 testimonies of members and all the teaching pamphlets, family proclamation, living christ and the book of mormon with my Momma's testimony in and then went over and dropped it off. Kassi said they loved it and we along with her know we softened their heart! :) OH YEAH! WE WERE SUPER SNEAKY! :)
I love this church with all my heart. I know its true. My heavenly father loves me and he loves you. Jesus Christ lives, dont you ever forget that. The son of god has power on this earth but only if we let him. I love him and I will serve him. Christmas time is so beautiful! I love it :) So much love in the air. But do not forget why we have Christmas. Christ! I like to break it down. This is going to be super cheesy but The word Christmas..... Christ.... MAS.. in Spanish MAS means more. More Christ. We all need to have more of our savior in our Christmas celebration. Remember he was born in the city of david all for us. Even if it was just Elder Rudd on the earth I know my savior would still come down and save me, because he knows us individually. When he looks at his hands he remembers us. Remember him and love him.
Momma, Elder Drabandt is the one you were thinking of. One of my best friends in the mission. He is awesome. I love him! He was with me in Casper now he is a Zone Leader back in Casper. He is super cool. I definitely want to hang out with him a whole lot. He is awesome. :) He is from where the goonies was filmed :)
Merry Christmas
Love,
Elder Michael Corey Rudd
Assistant to the President
South Dakota Rapid City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment