Monday, July 18, 2011

Email 7.18.11

Chello!

How are you all? I hope that your week was good even great! This week started out great. Sheridan was awesome. I loved being back there and being able to see and do things that I loved. I hadnt been back to sheridan for more than a year. It brought back so many memories of my greenie days. I felt like such a greenie again. It was awesome.

I am very excited to meet Elder Russell M. Nelson. So that will be awesome. We got word this week that Elder Porter of the quorm of the seventy is coming to do a mission tour. So on august 11 we will have a tri-zone conference and go to rapid to see him. Then the next week we have a Gillette Zone Conference. Then September 17th & 18th is when Elder Russell M. Nelson will be in gillette for a stake conference. Just his past weekend President Ogusthorpe (sunday school general president and former SDRCM mission president) was in gillette for a special teaching conference. We werent allowed to go!! So dumb!! So needless to say we have been greatly blessed!

Minot, ND is still under water. Everytime I talk to Elder Hardwick or Elder Hilbun it is just getting worse. The Gillette Stake is sending up 20 people this coming weekend to work for a week to tear down houses. We have to get this done before september because thats when the cold front will come in fierce up there. It will be real cold. We keep pleading with President Layton to send us up there but he wont do it. Bummer! :(
Well this past week I have had something in common with riley and whitney....sickness.... it is not fun. I was up in Buffalo, Wy on an exchange with another elder and he was getting something and he passed it on to me. So, I have been under the weather for a couple days but I am getting better. Cant be sick on PDAY!!

Last PDay we went up to the Tongue River Canyon. That was beautiful. I will send pics. It is awesome!!

Yesterday we have six people at church!! SIX investigators!!! It was awesome!!! They all loved it too!! :)

The work is going so great here. I love you all so much.

Love,

Elder Michael Corey Rudd
Zone Leader, Gillette Zone
South Dakota Rapid City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment