Monday, July 25, 2011

Email 7.25.11

Hello Mi Familia,

How are all ya'll out there in the dessert. Wyoming is very beautiful but this past week was real real hot. It hit 105 degrees!!! :( Not cool! With humidity!!! President picked a horrible week for walk week. So we parked all our cars in the whole mission so that we could save some miles and all. And.. it was one of the hottest weeks in wyoming history. It was so hot. I really got burnt good one day but oh well. It was really good though. I loved walking. I keep asking President if I can ride and always is the same answer... No... Darn!

But wow another great week in wyoming! We had NINE INVESTIGATORS at sacrament. I have never had nine ever!!! It was awesome!!! :) Such an awesome week. We had eight in gillette and one in Wright. :) It was awesome.

Alot of really fun stories to tell you this week it was a crazy week.

So we started off the week just awesome.

One day we were on exchanges and I was with Bro. Averrett. He is the guy who fixed our car in wright when the whole under carriage flew out from under us. That was crazy. So I had a bad taste in my mouth for him because he fixed our car with zip ties. But I love the guy. We drove around in him really really fast camaro! We went 130 mph!!! It was nuts!! Insane! But it was awesome!

On that splits night with Bro. Averrett we went to go and teach Demy. Dont know her last name but she keeps coming up to members of the ward at mutual and at church and saying "I want to be baptized" So, we thought after the second time we would meet with her. So, we went over there and I hard invited her for august 6th!! :) The only problem is she lives in the fourth ward half the time and then the third ward half the time. So we are figuring out where to baptize her. Boundaries just are a bummer. So that is a work in progress. But she is way stoked.

Okay one word.. Fainting goats!!!!! Have you ever heard of fainting goats!! I havent!! We have a part member we are teaching who have fainting goats!!!! What you do is you step inside the cage with them and just scare the crap out of them and their whole body tenses up and the veins constrict and they fall over. HAHAHAHAHA! Its so funny. So you can imagine I spent about 45 minutes making the goats tip over!! :) This one time I hid on the side of the house and it was coming towards me and I jumped out and chased it and it fainted like 5 times because I got it so good. My camera was dead but I will take pics and get a video to send home for sure. Its just so funny.

I am feeling a whole lot better than last time. I am feeling good. Just been getting alot of rest and taking some medications but I am back to about 100% I would say.

National High School Rodeo Finals in Gillette, Wyoming. There was about 6000 people living out on the fairgrounds in our area. It is the biggest rodeo in the world. Over 2000 contestants. The fairgrounds are called the Cam-Plex and it was noted at the 18th largest city in wyoming. Number 19 is wright!! Oh yah!

Elder Barker is such a good guy. I have learned alot about him that has just made me love him so much more and appreciate him. His dad passed away a month before he came out on his mission from a heart attack and still came out. He is just a really great guy.

I am really really really making a good effort at writing in my journal I have not been the best always at writing but I really really am trying as hard as I can. I want my children to have something to read and look back through and say "this was the day that..." So I am really working hard on every night writing!

I am not going to lie I really look good as a cowboy. :)

Well, I am really really excited to have another nephew. Start putting those darn chastity belts on my sisters!! No more before I get home! I cant wait to see pics!! It will be awesome. That is one of the hardest things for me being out here is none of my buddies! But it will be okay.

I am getting your letters momma. I am sorry I dont tell you about them. I really do love them though. Thank you! :) I love you momma! :)

The work continues to explode her in gillette. Me and Elder tract maybe once a week now. We have so many appointments. We have just been so crazy busy.

News on minot. The whole east side of the mission got called into minot to help with the devestation. The water is still about 7 feet about the main floor. Its crazy! So much stuff going on up there. I hope that we get to go up soon. But I dont know. They really need to get going before september get it all done because holy buckets! it is going to freeze!!!

Well, it is about that time where I need to wrap up and get going. But I love you all so much.

WE will have pics of a baptism on saturday of adrian, acacia , jaden munoz!!! Oh yeah!!! :)

Love,
Elder Michael Corey Rudd


-- Elder Michael Corey Rudd
Zone Leader, Gillette Zone
South Dakota Rapid City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment