Monday, March 26, 2012

Email 3.26.12

Hey Dere!
Mi Familia, How art thou? Another crazy week aboard this crazy train that is my mission. I just have adopted the motto to roll with the punches. The Mission continues to roll on with great succes.
So this past sunday was super hectic. Elder Anderson one of my favorite missionaries was hit by a car here in Rapid. We were doing numbers and Elder Liechty called and told me and I freaked. We were at the scene of the accident in 2 minutes. With the accident being 3 miles away. It was CRAZY. Heavenly Father needed us to be there pronto. So me and Elder Ellefsen hopped in the truck and we were there within 5 minutes after the accident. It was incredible. So, the lady who hit him was a less active member in the Canyon Lake Ward which is the ward Elder Anderson is in. He has totally played it to their advantage though. He called her this Morning and was like hey this is the Elder who was in the accident last week just wanted to call and invite you to church. The Lady felt sooooo bad that she is coming back to church. But Elder Anderson was emitted into the hospital last sunday night in the ER and found out that he has 3 broken ribs and a bruised kidney. He has had alot of pain and soreness of late but he is doing really well. It freaked all of us out. I was not happy. Everyone just calls me the General. I just want to get in there and figure it out whats wrong whats up fill me in kinda thing, lets get it done. So, yeah. He is out of the Hospital and we had to go take another areas car in Sturgis and give it to them while he recovers. Ribs take forever though. So to be continued........
This week we were on the road again. We took off thursday morning for Gillette and were able to do an exchange with the Zone Leaders there. It was fun to be back in my old stomping grounds. I loved the time we were able to spend there. The first day me and ellefsen split up, I went with the Zone Leaders Elder Bishop, Elder Wilkes. It was a blast. We were able to get alot of work done. They are doing super well over there. Elder Ellefsen went and exchanged with Gillette 2nd Ward; Elder Cushion, Elder Smith. On the 2nd day. Ellefsen went with the Zone Leaders and I went with the 1st Ward Elders. Elder Dawson, Elder Hogan. It was a great exchange with all. We were able to get alot done and see alot of people. I am so grateful for the missionary program and it goes off without a hitch (Sometimes) :)
Tanya and Zeriah are doing soooooo good!!! They came to church. Tanya brought 3 other girls too. So all together six of them. It was great. The ward welcomed them in and all went well. They will get baptized this weekend maybe because of conference. We want to do it so they dont have another week of temptation. So we are playing it by ear and what bishop mclaws wants to do. But they are doing awesome!!!
Me and Elder Ellefsen are getting along pretty dang well. I am glad we are. I think we understand each other now. But we are doing good. Great! Awesome!
I can not tell you how excited I am for GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! :) I love General Conference. It will be amazing!!! I cant wait to hear President Monson say: "We will build a temple in Rapid City, South Dakota." I think if that happens I will fall on the ground and just lay there for hours. I will be just paralized from excitement. :) I would love that so much!! :) By the way!! TAKE NOTES!!! Dont just tell yourself I will wait for the ensign to come out. Take notes and recieve revelation!! :)
I love my mission so much. I cant explain to you what I feel about these people and this land. It owns my heart. I love the Dakotas I love the Wyoming Plains. I know that I was and am called by a Prophet of God to here in this area at this time. i love this church!!!! I love my Heavenly Father! I love Jesus Christ. Never before in my life or probably ever again will I be this in tune with my father in heaven. I cant tell you how wonderful my mission has been. But my testimony is so strong and burns with this gospel. I cant wait to share it wherever the lord wants me.
I love you all!!! :)
Love,
Elder Michael Corey Rudd

No comments:

Post a Comment